Friday, April 18, 2014

When Paul Heyman Retweeted Me...

My Twitter account (@MainstreamMat) has about 250 more followers today than it did 48 hours ago. The reason is Paul Heyman.
Our favorite manager and master of the microphone shared my little blog post via his own Twitter account, and generated more feedback than I ever could have predicted. Thanks Paul. Now, let's take a look at what you had to say about my ranking of the Paul Heyman's Best Promos.




Believe it or not, Paul Heyman's promo that opened ECW's Guilty As Charged pay per view in 1999 was on my radar. Let's take another look.


It's hard to judge Paul's "Brock Lesnar Is The 1!" promo so soon after it happened. I've watched it a few more times since, and it is awesome. There can be no argument. It could become even more legendary, but that probably depends on events that have yet to unfold.
I really love the promo before Survivor Series 2001, but I think a lot of Paul's recent stuff is even better. He is like some other great performers in recent professional wrestling history who keep topping themselves as time goes by. The beautiful thing about Paul Heyman is that unlike Shawn Michaels, The Undetaker and others, physical health has very little impact on his ability to perform. The sky is the limit. He could get even better. At this point in time, I expect it.
Thanks to everyone for the follows and the feedback. I hope you find my Twitter and this blog entertaining and even thought provoking at times. I love professional wrestling, and have no plans on giving it up. Not while people like Paul Heyman are delivering the best performances of their careers.

Meanwhile, speaking of gloating...

No comments:

Post a Comment