Tuesday, June 25, 2013

In The Bleachers At Super Indy XII

It's important to support independent professional wrestling. Every fan should.
I was fortunate to be able to attend IWC Super Indy XII, and I wanted to share my impressions. It was a great show. I was really impressed by the presentation. The show was thoughtfully laid out.Technically, it exceeded my expectations.
I was also impressed by what I saw in the ring. The subtle promotional message behind all Super Indy shows is that you will see the stars of the future. You will see future pay per view main event performers. You may even see the next CM Punk or A.J. Styles. Did anyone at Super Indy XII meet that description?
Maybe.


Here's who stood out to me after seeing all of these talented performers for the first time when I attended Super Indy XII.
Bobby Fish - Embraces his role as a heel. A grounded style in the ring that stood out among others in the tournament. Not tall, but physically imposing. Made me want to see more of him in ROH.
ACH - Heard about him going in, but didn't know what to expect. He was the star of the show. Had the MOTN with Shane Strickland in an incredible contest with seemingly unlimited high spots. Later, worked hurt in a very different, but still effective, match that was a loss. Flashy moves. Very vocal in the ring. Instantly different from most of what I see in wrestling today. A revelation. Setting the DVR to see more of him in ROH.
Extreme Tiger - A polished pro out of AAA. His match with Fish stood out. As good as anything you'll see on TV today. I think you could drop Tiger into WWE tomorrow and he'd be over immediately, fill the void left by Rey Mysterio and give the company a reliable Latin star.
John McChesney - Competed in a non-tournament tag match. Another guy who stood out as a committed and entertaining heel. Not a great body, but looks great in the ring. Bump machine. Heat magnet. An ideal choice as IWC Champion.
Feel like I have to mention the tournament champion Facade. I thought Mark Madden's comparison to Shannon Moore is fair. Facade may be a bit bigger and bring some more intangibles. I thought his best match of the night was his opening round win over Jimmy Rave. Everything looked crisp and precise. I commented to a friend sitting with me that I wondered if the reason was Facade or Rave. I think a bit of both. Rave was quite good.
Mr. 450 was a nice surprise. Chops like gunshots!
Logan Shulo is a physical freak and looks like a solid performer.
There's just something about Chris Nutts. Looked very comfortable in the ring.
Finally, Norm Connors was amazing. A manager that can nearly steal a 5 man handicap tag match is a rare commodity.
Like I said, it was a great show. My wife came along and really enjoyed it too. Kudos to all involved for their effort. I hope to see more IWC soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment